You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After the last update to iOS 16.4.1, I can no longer open email attachments, including PDF, Word and Excel. Peior to the update I was able to open these files.

After updating iPhone 14 to iOS 16.4.1, I can no longer open email attachments, including PDF, Word and Excel. I use Outlook for emails. Previously, I was able to open these files. Any ideas how to rectify this?

Thank you!

iPhone 13 mini

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 9:33 AM

5 replies

May 1, 2023 8:10 PM in response to Sequoia205

Sequoia205 Said:

"After the last update to iOS 16.4.1, I can no longer open email attachments, including PDF, Word and Excel. Peior to the update I was able to open these files."

-------

Seems to be a bug in the update. So,...

Report this Bug to Apple:

Do your Part: These are user-to-user forums. Apple rarely reads these forums on their own time as it is. So, provide Apple with feedback on this.  Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed.

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all stated after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed form there as necessary

After the last update to iOS 16.4.1, I can no longer open email attachments, including PDF, Word and Excel. Peior to the update I was able to open these files.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.