You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delay when switching between desktops (Ventura 13.3.1)

I have recently updated my M1 Macbook Pro to Ventura 13.3.1 and instantly experiencing a delay (1-2 sec) when switching between my fullscreen applications. Sometimes also the app switch (cmd + tab) shows up with delay.

This is the same behavior as here: Delay when switching between desktops - Apple Community

But I cannot reply to this topic. Also there the problem occurs on Macos 12.3.1.

Is that a bug?

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 9:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 5:39 AM

I'm having the same issue, on an M2 pro laptop, and it's driving me crazy. The delay is huge; around 2 seconds. Honestly, this is a potential security concern, as someone might paste a password in the wrong place, thinking that it's in focus when it's actually not (yes; using copy/paste for passwords is bad form, but sometimes necessary).

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 8, 2023 5:39 AM in response to DrSarez

I'm having the same issue, on an M2 pro laptop, and it's driving me crazy. The delay is huge; around 2 seconds. Honestly, this is a potential security concern, as someone might paste a password in the wrong place, thinking that it's in focus when it's actually not (yes; using copy/paste for passwords is bad form, but sometimes necessary).

May 29, 2024 2:21 PM in response to DrSarez

Yeah I have the same issue for a long time now. For a long, I didn't have the words to articulate the bug, but it's exactly what you described. I truly hope Apple will fix this, as it unnecessarily slows down your working speed. That's bad because the only reason I use a Mac is for its otherwise extremely fast workflow.

Delay when switching between desktops (Ventura 13.3.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.