You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari address bar & text are white, cannot see what I'm typing

Hello!

Recently over the week, my Safari address bar has turned white for some reason.

I can no longer see what it is that I am typing into the address bar anymore.

Has anyone else had this issues? Any solutions, or workarounds?

I have attached a screenshot of the issue, I typed some text into the address bar as an example.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 10:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 11:45 AM

In case this helps anyone, I had the same problem and the invert colors tab you suggested to check on was not enabled. However, when I turned it on, then turned it back off it immediately solved the problem. Hopefully someone with the same issue will see this and give it a try. Thanks…

5 replies

Apr 18, 2023 2:02 PM in response to Okamiwolf144

Hi Okamiwolf144,

Based on your screenshot, it appears you may have your colors inverted in Settings. If this is the case, we encourage you to try using Dark mode on your Mac as an alternative. This will allow the system integration of a darker theme that you may be after.

Go to System Settings > Accessibility > Display > Invert color, if this is enabled, disable it. Then follow these instructions outlined in Use a light or dark appearance on your Mac to enable Dark mode.

From left to right, samples of the Light, Dark, and Auto options shown in Appearance settings.
1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Appearance  in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)
2. Select Light, Dark, or Auto on the right.

Let us know if this helps.

Kindest Regards.

Safari address bar & text are white, cannot see what I'm typing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.