You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos app

i have no pictures in my photos app but it’s taking up 2.61 GB. how do i fix this?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 6:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 8:11 PM

wanderillist Said:

"photos app: Said"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

"System Data" being the Culprit:

Use this Link: How to Check the Storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. The storage named "System Data" is the grey bar. So, to clear that, this is what to perform: Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. Report black the results.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 16, 2023 8:11 PM in response to wanderillist

wanderillist Said:

-------

"System Data" being the Culprit:

Use this Link: How to Check the Storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. The storage named "System Data" is the grey bar. So, to clear that, this is what to perform: Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. Report black the results.

Apr 16, 2023 8:13 PM in response to wanderillist

wanderillist Said:

-------

Try my User Tip:

Clear "System Data":

Clear the storage named "System Data". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.

photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.