You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left airpod wont connect.

My left airpod wont connect. Ive tried resetting it, but it only allows me to reset when the left airpod is taken out of the case. The case has been flashing red just before resetting although Ive charged it. Ive also tried cleaning the case and making sure it wasnt an audio issue. It says both airpods and the case are fully charged although the right airpod shows the lighting bolt that it’s currently charging, while the left airpod shows that it isnt in the case charging (while it is).

AirPods (3rd generation)

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 7:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 9:04 PM

kas166 Said:

"Left airpod wont connect.: My left airpod wont connect. Ive tried resetting it, but it only allows me to reset when the left airpod is taken out of the case.[...]It says both airpods and the case are fully charged although the right airpod shows the lighting bolt that it’s currently charging, while the left airpod shows that it isnt in the case charging (while it is)."

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Charge:

How to Fix This:

Try troubleshooting the power manually...

A. A Few Links to Visit:

B. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it need to resync with he charger.
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 17, 2023 9:04 PM in response to kas166

kas166 Said:

"Left airpod wont connect.: My left airpod wont connect. Ive tried resetting it, but it only allows me to reset when the left airpod is taken out of the case.[...]It says both airpods and the case are fully charged although the right airpod shows the lighting bolt that it’s currently charging, while the left airpod shows that it isnt in the case charging (while it is)."

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Charge:

How to Fix This:

Try troubleshooting the power manually...

A. A Few Links to Visit:

B. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it need to resync with he charger.

Left airpod wont connect.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.