You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting in pages of a duplicated doc

I duplicated my document and wish to delete the duplicated doc - I went to 'page thumb nail' to do this but all it allows me to do is delete the whole doc. I only want to delete the copy. I've tried selecting each page to delete also.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 8:35 PM

3 replies

Apr 17, 2023 5:04 AM in response to TheBell

Pages supports two types of documents: 1) standard word processing document, and 2) page layout document.

You cannot remove document pages using thumbnails in the first type of document, because that will remove all content in your document. It warns you about that. The page layout document features every thumbnail as its own discrete section and you can use the thumbnails to remove one or more pages of content.

In your case, you have a word processing document and you would need to select all content on a page that you wish to remove and then backspace once or twice to remove that entire page content.

deleting in pages of a duplicated doc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.