You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turning on sounds for phone calls and texts.

How do I turn on sound’s for phone calls and texts when the volume is up but it shows the red bell with a line through it?

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 7:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 7:27 AM

Hello RickyLynnTownsendIphone11!

You will have to switch the switch on the left side of your iPhone to “Ringer”, or “On”. Your switch is currently set to “Silent Mode”, if it is red when looking at it, or when you see the red bell with a line through it.

When Silent Mode is OFF, the switch will be black, and the bell will be black without a line.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 18, 2023 7:27 AM in response to RickyLynnTownsendIphone11

Hello RickyLynnTownsendIphone11!

You will have to switch the switch on the left side of your iPhone to “Ringer”, or “On”. Your switch is currently set to “Silent Mode”, if it is red when looking at it, or when you see the red bell with a line through it.

When Silent Mode is OFF, the switch will be black, and the bell will be black without a line.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Turning on sounds for phone calls and texts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.