You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my Apple Watch 8 not track my wrist temperature?

Why is my Apple Watch not tracking my wrist temperature at night? I followed all the instructions and it’s still not working. Thanks

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 8:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 12:05 PM

However, for reference, some possible reasons why an Apple Watch may not be tracking wrist temperature include the following:

1. Wrist temperature tracking may not be a feature on the specific model of the Apple Watch.
  2. The feature may be disabled in the watch's settings.
  3. The watch may not be worn tightly enough on the wrist for the temperature sensor to function properly.
  4. The watch may not have been in contact with the skin for long enough to provide an accurate temperature reading.
  5. The temperature tracking feature may be affected by environmental factors, such as extreme cold or heat.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 18, 2023 12:05 PM in response to Hgilmartin12

However, for reference, some possible reasons why an Apple Watch may not be tracking wrist temperature include the following:

1. Wrist temperature tracking may not be a feature on the specific model of the Apple Watch.
  2. The feature may be disabled in the watch's settings.
  3. The watch may not be worn tightly enough on the wrist for the temperature sensor to function properly.
  4. The watch may not have been in contact with the skin for long enough to provide an accurate temperature reading.
  5. The temperature tracking feature may be affected by environmental factors, such as extreme cold or heat.

Apr 18, 2023 9:19 AM in response to Hgilmartin12

If it is saying more data needed then at least it is "working on it"

Start diagnosis by force restarting the Watch and paired iPhone at the same time:-

Force restart the Watch

i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. Then while Watch is restarting,

Force Restart the paired iphone   Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK) 

If nothing happens inside another week reach out to Apple Support Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support  or phone numbers  Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support   or Click here > Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple 

Why does my Apple Watch 8 not track my wrist temperature?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.