You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch reset

My Apple Watch got locked from too many failed attempts but when I hold on the power button to reset nothing happens so I restarted it but it’s the same thing. It’s stuck on the “too many failed attempts” screen it won’t show charging or power off mode and when I tried resetting on my phone it said it cannot connect to my watch to reset, what do I do?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 8

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 11:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 12:40 AM

If you forget your Apple Watch passcode

If your Apple Watch is disabled because you forgot your passcode or entered an incorrect passcode too many times, you can use the Apple Watch app on your iPhone to allow you to enter the passcode again. If you still can’t remember your passcode, you can reset Apple Watch, reset the passcode, then restore Apple Watch from a backup. Restoring erases the content and settings on your Apple Watch, but uses a backup to replace your data and settings.

If you can’t access the Settings app on your Apple Watch because you’ve forgotten your passcode, put your Apple Watch on its charger, then press and hold the side button until you see Power Off. Press and hold the Digital Crown, then tap Reset.

After the reset finishes and your Apple Watch restarts, you need to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone again—open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then follow the instructions shown on your iPhone and Apple Watch.

Important: If Erase Data is turned on, the data on your Apple Watch is erased after 10 failed passcode attempts.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 21, 2023 12:40 AM in response to Bitors

If you forget your Apple Watch passcode

If your Apple Watch is disabled because you forgot your passcode or entered an incorrect passcode too many times, you can use the Apple Watch app on your iPhone to allow you to enter the passcode again. If you still can’t remember your passcode, you can reset Apple Watch, reset the passcode, then restore Apple Watch from a backup. Restoring erases the content and settings on your Apple Watch, but uses a backup to replace your data and settings.

If you can’t access the Settings app on your Apple Watch because you’ve forgotten your passcode, put your Apple Watch on its charger, then press and hold the side button until you see Power Off. Press and hold the Digital Crown, then tap Reset.

After the reset finishes and your Apple Watch restarts, you need to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone again—open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then follow the instructions shown on your iPhone and Apple Watch.

Important: If Erase Data is turned on, the data on your Apple Watch is erased after 10 failed passcode attempts.

Apple Watch reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.