You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unresponsive Screen

My IPhone 11 was working perfectly. No issues. Out of no where my screen froze up. I did the rest with the volume up, down and the power button. It restarted my phone but the screen still doesn’t work. I cannot unlock the screen to plug it into the computer and try to do a hard reset on it. Anyone have this happen? And if so, how did you fix it? TIA

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 9:42 PM

2 replies

Apr 23, 2023 2:42 PM in response to Steadman25

Hello Steadman25,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. 

We understand that your iPhone is unresponsive and force restarting your phone didn’t resolve this. We are happy to help.

Are you seeing the Apple logo on your iPhone display? If so, please try the steps here: If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

"If you see the Apple logo or a red or blue screen during startup, try these steps:

1. Connect your iPhone to a computer. On a Mac with macOS Catalina, open the Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes. Find out which macOS your Mac is using.
  2. Select your iPhone on your computer.
  3. While your iPhone is connected, follow these steps:
    • On your iPhone 8 or later, including iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation): Press and quickly release the volume up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Then press and hold the side button.
  • On your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the side button and volume down button at the same time.
    • On your iPhone 6s or earlier, including iPhone SE (1st generation): Press and hold both the Home button and the side button or the top button at the same time.

4. Keep holding the buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.

5. When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update.

6. Your computer will download the software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode. Repeat steps 2-4."

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

Unresponsive Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.