You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does this iPhone 8 message appear on iPhone14?

How do I delete it?

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 5:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 7:21 AM

This is not talking about an iPhone 8.

The message refers to error "8", which is a connection error. The phone cannot connect to your computer until you update the software on the computer.

You will see the same message again in the future after a major software update is available for the iPhone or the phone does not recognize the computer.

On average, I see this message about 3-4 times a year. It's normal and expected.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 22, 2023 7:21 AM in response to 8-Ball

This is not talking about an iPhone 8.

The message refers to error "8", which is a connection error. The phone cannot connect to your computer until you update the software on the computer.

You will see the same message again in the future after a major software update is available for the iPhone or the phone does not recognize the computer.

On average, I see this message about 3-4 times a year. It's normal and expected.

Why does this iPhone 8 message appear on iPhone14?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.