You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no sound option in mail notifications

how to fix it;

i noticed that if i create a new user and login in, the sound option is there in notifications; however, as soon as i create an email account the sound notification option goes away.

bug or what

why am i putting this to the community? shouldn't it be to apple, the company..., it's an apple support item...

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 10:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 10:52 AM

The sound for Mail is handled under Mail > Settings > General > New Message Sound. The Notification settings at  > Notifications > Mail is used to select the type of Notification and when you want it. Not sure why it appears there if you create a new user before a Mail account is created, but you will have to adjust the sound in Mail settings.

Is there an issue with the sound not playing when you get a new message notification?

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 22, 2023 10:52 AM in response to grugCroods

The sound for Mail is handled under Mail > Settings > General > New Message Sound. The Notification settings at  > Notifications > Mail is used to select the type of Notification and when you want it. Not sure why it appears there if you create a new user before a Mail account is created, but you will have to adjust the sound in Mail settings.

Is there an issue with the sound not playing when you get a new message notification?

no sound option in mail notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.