You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Show Content in Search option turned off but still shows content in iOS 16

I use search to quickly launch apps on my iPhone. I don’t like to see content, so I only have the option ‘Show App in Search’ turned on in ‘Settings > Siri & Search’

But after updating to iOS 16.4.1 content still shows, anyone else noticed this?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 9:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2024 4:08 PM

This has started happening to me ever since I updated to iOS 17. I previously painstakingly turned off Show Content in Search for every single app. Now I see all kinds of distracting junk I don’t want to see whenever I use Spotlight Search. Awful

7 replies

May 10, 2023 12:23 AM in response to adrian_9022

I talked to Apple support on the phone and they weren’t able to offer a solution, it must be a bug with iOS 16 it also happens on my iPad Pro running iPadOS 16.4.1

The content in search showing when I have the toggle set to off seems to happen at random, sometimes it shows content for everything sometimes it just shows content for a few apps.

Today it’s only showing content from Apple Maps even though I have that toggle set to off, yesterday it was showing content from most of the apps I have installed.

Sorry I can’t offer any more help, I’d recommend you send feedback to Apple so hopefully the more people do this the quicker we will get a fix, you can leave feedback here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Jan 9, 2024 4:23 AM in response to Anirog

I had the same and may have found a fix. There are actually two places to change this setting:

-Settings / siri and search / appname

-Settings / appname / siri and search

I initially went to settings / siri and search and disabled content search for the Guardian app. However I still got search results from within this Guardian app.

I then went to settings / appname (the Guardian) / Siri and search, and re-enabled en then disabled "show content in search" and now it works - also for all other apps I already disabled this for. This seems to trigger it somehow.

Please confirm if this works for you as well

Show Content in Search option turned off but still shows content in iOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.