You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does a brand new MacBook Air with default Safari settings refuse to load webpages?

I have repeatedly force quit Safari, cleared my history and cleared the cache through dev tools. I have also turned off Prevent cross-site tracking (which I would have preferred to keep active) and Allow privacy-preserving measurement of ad effectiveness is off. At this point major web pages are dragging with unacceptably long load times and frequently refusing to fully load the page at all.

I am not sure what the thinking was to cripple web browsing in favor of attempting to protect privacy. At this point I am just going to install Firefox and be done with it.

MacBook Air, macOS 13.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 8:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 11:16 AM

Before abandoning Safari did you follow all the suggestions in If Safari doesn't open a page or work as expected on your Mac - Apple Support?

2 replies

Apr 26, 2023 6:37 PM in response to John Galt

I sure did try all those steps. The frustration truly is that when you can confirm that the issue is not your network but is truly caused by either Safari's default settings or Apple's default settings. Now that I have stripped most of the Safari default privacy settings there does appear to be better page load performance, but I still like Firefox as the default.

Don't let my rant and disappointment sway others away from Safari though.

Why does a brand new MacBook Air with default Safari settings refuse to load webpages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.