You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone sound

When i record a video it sounds really muffled like the sound is very low. i have no problem if i play something or the volume of a video. i do however have a problem on a phone call as when i’m on a phone call it’s too quiet i can’t hear unless it’s on speaker

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 11:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 11:58 AM

If you use a non-original cover that covers the holes for the microphone, this may be the reason for the poor sound on the videos you record. It may also be because dust and dirt accumulate in the speaker and microphone holes over time. Check whether there is free access to the speaker at the top and the microphone at the bottom. Since the sound is not loud during calls, and since the sound in the videos you record sounds wrong, the above could be one of the reasons.

Also remember that during calls, when you have your iPhone to your ear, to use the Volume buttons on the side of your iPhone to adjust the volume.

There is also the possibility that either the speaker or the microphone may be defective.

You can find more useful information here:

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 25, 2023 11:58 AM in response to frankie_meurer3

If you use a non-original cover that covers the holes for the microphone, this may be the reason for the poor sound on the videos you record. It may also be because dust and dirt accumulate in the speaker and microphone holes over time. Check whether there is free access to the speaker at the top and the microphone at the bottom. Since the sound is not loud during calls, and since the sound in the videos you record sounds wrong, the above could be one of the reasons.

Also remember that during calls, when you have your iPhone to your ear, to use the Volume buttons on the side of your iPhone to adjust the volume.

There is also the possibility that either the speaker or the microphone may be defective.

You can find more useful information here:

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

iphone sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.