You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail app not deleting emails

My MacBook Air 2020 (running Ventura 13.3.1, updated today) has been having an issue with the mail app for a few months now, so different versions of updates also use to have an 8+. I will delete emails either on my iPhone 13 (running 16.4.1) or on my Mac and the emails won't delete on my Macbook. So I click delete on my mail app in the Mac and it disappears for about 1 second and then reappears. Also, the Mac won't refresh emails as fast. Sometimes it's hours before it says I got a new email on my Mac, even when forcing it to refresh. Any help? Thanks in advance!

MacBook Air (2018 – 2020)

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 8:27 PM

8 replies

Apr 27, 2023 2:14 PM in response to Kvoj

Hello Kvoj,

Thanks for clarifying. You may want to delete and then set up the email account on the Mac. This should refresh the connection and ensure that the settings are correct. You can find steps for removing the account here: Log out of or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

You can find steps for adding the account again here: Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

We hope that helps.

Take care.

Apr 27, 2023 12:01 PM in response to Kvoj

Hello Kvoj,

Could you confirm for us if the email in question is Mac/iCloud based, or do you have an additional email provider like Gmail or Hotmail? Syncing can differ depending on the provider, so we just want to confirm.

If Apple based, check under System Settings > iCloud and ensure that Mail is selected, as well as iCloud Mail being selected on other devices like your iPhone as well.

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Mac Mail app not deleting emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.