You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting notifications about a virus, is it legit?

I keep getting notifications about a virus on my computer, and it directs me to a virus detector. How do I stop this?

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 12:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 1:44 PM

No, they're notification spam.

A site you visited added itself to notifications in Safari. Everything you're seeing is nothing but a scam.

Open Safari's preferences. Click on the Websites tab and then scroll down to Notifications. Clear any entries in the right hand window. You might find something similar in the Pop-up Windows heading below that. Block any you don't recognize.

Then if you want, uncheck the box below as shown here.

I personally can't think of any reason why I would ever want any website to push notices to me.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 26, 2023 1:44 PM in response to ce02

No, they're notification spam.

A site you visited added itself to notifications in Safari. Everything you're seeing is nothing but a scam.

Open Safari's preferences. Click on the Websites tab and then scroll down to Notifications. Clear any entries in the right hand window. You might find something similar in the Pop-up Windows heading below that. Block any you don't recognize.

Then if you want, uncheck the box below as shown here.

I personally can't think of any reason why I would ever want any website to push notices to me.

I keep getting notifications about a virus, is it legit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.