You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I remotely erased my Mac Book Pro after losing the device. After a day of no contact, Find My showed the device was erased. How confident should I be that the device was erased?

I lost my Mac Book while traveling. I locked the device through Find My within about 20 minutes. I went to the last couple of places I had the Mac Book, and there was no sign of it, and lost and found and security at both spots said nothing had been turned in. I decided to remotely erase the Mac Book, and selected erase on the Find My app. (I still had my I phone with me.) No location was shown for the Mac Book for about 24 hours, and then the next day, when I checked Find My, it said the device had been erased. No location data was shown, and I did not a notification to my Apple ID that the device was erased. (The Find My app said that if the device was erased, I would get a notification email to my Apple ID email address.) How confident can I be that the device was actually erased?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 3:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 8:33 AM

If you performed the erase procedure correctly ... it's erased.

Similar questions

3 replies

I remotely erased my Mac Book Pro after losing the device. After a day of no contact, Find My showed the device was erased. How confident should I be that the device was erased?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.