You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Albums bought from Bandcamp and added to Apple Music becoming unavailable - "This song is not synced across your devices"

Heya all,

I mostly used to buy my music from Bandcamp and add them manually to my phone via apple music without the subscription. Ever since I bought an AM sub, the only content ever being synced is what I download from AM rather than what's on my local MacBook filesystem.

Each time I try to add/play my purchased albums, I'm told that I have to select "Sync Library" on both my devices, which I have (and also (de)selected) multiple times for good measure).

I've confirmed 5 times that Sync Library is enabled on both devices but to no avail.

Is there any way around this issue? Or am I only allowed to have AM downloads remain synced and playable?

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 5:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 11:51 PM

Hi,

Music from other sources should be add to your iCloud music library. These tracks will either be matched or uploaded - check iCloud status. See If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library – Apple Support (UK)

Jim

1 reply

Albums bought from Bandcamp and added to Apple Music becoming unavailable - "This song is not synced across your devices"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.