You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad keyboard

My iPad keyboard has not been working properly since the last upgrade. It covers the screen where I want to be typing, for example the place where I write a text to somebody. I can’t see what I’m writing even now. Anybody else? I’ve had this iPad since 2018.

iPad, 16

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 6:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 6:52 AM

On the on-screen keyboard, touch the keyboard-key at bottom-right of the keyboard - and slide your finger to Dock or Dock & Merge before lifting your finger from the screen

You should now have the full on-screen keyboard visible on the screen - and this will be anchored to the bottom of the screen.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2023 6:52 AM in response to Phoebe Kestrel

On the on-screen keyboard, touch the keyboard-key at bottom-right of the keyboard - and slide your finger to Dock or Dock & Merge before lifting your finger from the screen

You should now have the full on-screen keyboard visible on the screen - and this will be anchored to the bottom of the screen.

iPad keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.