You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ho do I Erase my Mac

How do I reset my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)

General in the sidebar. Click Transfer or Reset on the right, / Erase All Contents and Settings. Are not Is Not listed options

Earlier displays & monitors

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 10:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 12:19 PM

Neither How to erase all content and settings - Apple Support or How to erase all content and settings - Apple Support address how to do that with a Mac that old. Instead, you have to scroll down to where it states:

"Alternatively, you can erase your Mac. See the Apple Support articles Use Disk Utility to erase a Mac with Apple silicon and Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac."

You need to follow the latter document: Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac - Apple Support.

Take note of the following (emphasis added):

"Make a backup of any files that you want to keep. Erasing your Mac permanently deletes its files."

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2023 12:19 PM in response to orionsm42

Neither How to erase all content and settings - Apple Support or How to erase all content and settings - Apple Support address how to do that with a Mac that old. Instead, you have to scroll down to where it states:

"Alternatively, you can erase your Mac. See the Apple Support articles Use Disk Utility to erase a Mac with Apple silicon and Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac."

You need to follow the latter document: Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac - Apple Support.

Take note of the following (emphasis added):

"Make a backup of any files that you want to keep. Erasing your Mac permanently deletes its files."

Ho do I Erase my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.