You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ghost login/passwords in keychain.

I have bogus login/passwords (including the correct ones) in my passwords. I try to edit/delete, but they return? How can I edit delete permanently?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 4:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 4:39 AM

See the article How to find saved passwords and passkeys on your Mac - Apple Support

If web sites are not important you can right click over them ( in the location safari > preferences ) > password section ( enter admin password ) to open , right click over them and click on delete .

See another article Remove a passkey or password from your Mac and iCloud Keychain - Apple Support (

Note : when you delete the password , the new password has to be updated and click on save , the website and its password will be saved , in fact what you are doing is just deleting the password , and not adding a new password and clicking on save , that's the reason the different websites and their password is again saved and not getting deleted .

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 30, 2023 4:39 AM in response to Joe Kay

See the article How to find saved passwords and passkeys on your Mac - Apple Support

If web sites are not important you can right click over them ( in the location safari > preferences ) > password section ( enter admin password ) to open , right click over them and click on delete .

See another article Remove a passkey or password from your Mac and iCloud Keychain - Apple Support (

Note : when you delete the password , the new password has to be updated and click on save , the website and its password will be saved , in fact what you are doing is just deleting the password , and not adding a new password and clicking on save , that's the reason the different websites and their password is again saved and not getting deleted .

Ghost login/passwords in keychain.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.