You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

login in security and passwords

I work at home, alone. For many things, such as reading this community, I am asked for my password.

I'm not worried about security. I alone use this computer.

How can I configure this Mac to enable me to do most things without asking for a password?

Thanks

Mac Studio (2022)

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 2:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 10:40 AM

Apple, along with other platforms, are obsessed with individual security. You can set your Mac to startup with a password, or you could at one time; this may or may not still work: https://www.techbout.com/login-to-mac-without-entering-password-22214/

But, you're wasting your time in my opinion. I get it, my hardened doors and windows are my security, along with certain other "devices" so I have little need for a PW too. Sometimes at least. But I'm not here 100% of the time, so locking down something important automatically is OK by me.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 29, 2023 10:40 AM in response to cyrano7

Apple, along with other platforms, are obsessed with individual security. You can set your Mac to startup with a password, or you could at one time; this may or may not still work: https://www.techbout.com/login-to-mac-without-entering-password-22214/

But, you're wasting your time in my opinion. I get it, my hardened doors and windows are my security, along with certain other "devices" so I have little need for a PW too. Sometimes at least. But I'm not here 100% of the time, so locking down something important automatically is OK by me.

login in security and passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.