You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS X 10.7.5 date and time glitch

there is this glitch in my late 2011 MacBook Pro. Even though it’s 2023, my MacBook shows it’s 2020 or (twenty twenty). How can I fix this?

Posted on May 1, 2023 7:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 1, 2023 2:53 PM

That appears to be the display of a customized Date & Time.

Custom D&T display can be set by clicking System Preferences > Language & Region.

If a custom format was created, you can use the guidance linked below to reset the defaults.

Please see: Change how dates, times, and more display on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 1, 2023 2:53 PM in response to Applefan_501

That appears to be the display of a customized Date & Time.

Custom D&T display can be set by clicking System Preferences > Language & Region.

If a custom format was created, you can use the guidance linked below to reset the defaults.

Please see: Change how dates, times, and more display on Mac - Apple Support

May 6, 2023 8:03 AM in response to Applefan_501

Okay, that's weird. 🙂

Let's try a defaults reset once more.

• Open System Preferences > Language & Region

> Does the chosen Region also say (Custom)? If so, continue on...

• Click the Advanced button

• Click the Dates tab

• Click Restore Defaults and click Okay. (If the button is greyed out, then assume the defaults are already in place.)

That should do it.

If not, try the same again when booted into  in Safe mode (press and hold the shift key down at startup). It can take much longer to safe boot (5 min) so be patient.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support 

When you're in safe boot, the machine will not be at its best performance, especially with graphics, but that's expected.

Mac OS X 10.7.5 date and time glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.