You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad will not install rapid security response says it’s not connected to the Internet even though I’m literally connect Internet posting this

iPad will not install rapid security response says it’s not connected to the Internet even though I’m literally connect Internet posting this.

i’ve restarted my iPad. Reset the connection reset my router. fix your update functionality

iPad Air (5th generation)

Posted on May 1, 2023 10:21 AM

14 replies

May 1, 2023 1:05 PM in response to valiant-attempt

I was getting a message saying the update couldn’t be installed because I wasn’t connected to the internet. 

I went though several setting configuration changes because I was definitely connected. 

So this configuration worked

Wi-Fi off

Bluetooth off

VPN on

Only cellular connection on

Then under cellular 

I turned off cellular connection for folders in the apps section and changed the iCloud connection to off when not on Wi-Fi at the very bottom below the app list. This immediately turned off my phone. I wasn’t sure if it was updating because the screen was just dark black. I clicked on the power button fast once. The apple showed then went blank for a second before restarting a showing it was updated.

So whatever the issue is it has to due with something in my iCloud connection or files. 

May 1, 2023 3:23 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

IdrisSeabright wrote:

DiagnosedCrazy-ItsOK wrote:

So whatever the issue is it has to due with something in my iCloud connection or files. 
Actually, I think Apple simply fixed the glitch. I didn't do any of those settings changes and mine installed just fine.

As indicated, the only required action was to exercise patience - while Apple fixed their own update delivery issue. 🙂

iPad will not install rapid security response says it’s not connected to the Internet even though I’m literally connect Internet posting this

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.