You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pages quit and i lost the document i was working on

i was working on pages and it quit

i cant find the document I was working on

is there any way to find it

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on May 3, 2023 10:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 3, 2023 2:21 PM

If you did not manually save your Pages document once and give it a practical name other than Untitled, the Pages autosave was not active, and quitting Pages, by intention or otherwise, would lose all of the temporary work in progress content. It would not be on a Time Machine backup either.

If you had manually saved that document, Pages remembers the last document save location, and the document would be the first item on the Pages open recents sub-menu.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 3, 2023 2:21 PM in response to soniad007

If you did not manually save your Pages document once and give it a practical name other than Untitled, the Pages autosave was not active, and quitting Pages, by intention or otherwise, would lose all of the temporary work in progress content. It would not be on a Time Machine backup either.

If you had manually saved that document, Pages remembers the last document save location, and the document would be the first item on the Pages open recents sub-menu.

pages quit and i lost the document i was working on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.