You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Faulty iPad Pro replacement

Took my iPad Pro to Best Buy appointment. Battery bad but according to tech Apple no longer supports service for my iPad Pro. What other options do I have.?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 4, 2023 7:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 4, 2023 7:56 AM

None of the iPad Pro models have transitioned to Apple’s list of obsolete devices - and as such, service and repair remains available for all models. The first generation iPad Pro is listed as “vintage” - and as such repair and battery service continue to be supported while parts remain available.

Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support

As such, the information that you have reportedly received may not be accurate.

You might be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at you local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP), where Apple’s technicians will be able to help:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 4, 2023 7:56 AM in response to DiamondJimBob

None of the iPad Pro models have transitioned to Apple’s list of obsolete devices - and as such, service and repair remains available for all models. The first generation iPad Pro is listed as “vintage” - and as such repair and battery service continue to be supported while parts remain available.

Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support

As such, the information that you have reportedly received may not be accurate.

You might be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at you local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP), where Apple’s technicians will be able to help:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Faulty iPad Pro replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.