You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone number id and email id merge

I have two Apple id's one with my phone number and the other with my email id so how do I merge them together? I barely used my email id one

Posted on May 5, 2023 2:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 5, 2023 5:47 AM

AppleID accounts cannot be merged. The best that you can hope to achieve is to sign-out from the AppleID that you use least (or is less important to you) - and then use the AppleID that you use most on all of your devices.

When signing-out of an AppleID, you have opportunity to save a local copy of any iCloud data associated with that AppleID account. If you choose to save a local copy while signing-out, data will be merged with the AppleID account that you next use to sign-in to iCloud from that device.

If you do not save a local copy of iCloud data when signing-out, all associated iCloud data will be deleted from the device - and will not be merged with the AppleID that is next used when signing-in to iCloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 5, 2023 5:47 AM in response to harika5

AppleID accounts cannot be merged. The best that you can hope to achieve is to sign-out from the AppleID that you use least (or is less important to you) - and then use the AppleID that you use most on all of your devices.

When signing-out of an AppleID, you have opportunity to save a local copy of any iCloud data associated with that AppleID account. If you choose to save a local copy while signing-out, data will be merged with the AppleID account that you next use to sign-in to iCloud from that device.

If you do not save a local copy of iCloud data when signing-out, all associated iCloud data will be deleted from the device - and will not be merged with the AppleID that is next used when signing-in to iCloud.

phone number id and email id merge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.