You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding new neighborhood to Apple Maps

We recently moved into a brand new rural development. Apple Maps does not recognize our address, where it is valid with USPS, it shows on Google Maps, and I can see the roads on the satellite view of Apple Maps. What is the fastest way to get it added to Apple Maps?

Posted on May 8, 2023 5:56 AM

4 replies

May 8, 2023 6:02 AM in response to jnllaurent

Hi!

I actually had the same problem last year. I found the quickest way was to suggest an edit on Maps. Follow these steps:

1. Open Maps
  2. Hold down any part of the map that you want to add a place to, to drop a pin
  3. Tap 'More' (below 'Dropped Pin') > Add to Maps
  4. Fill out the form
  5. Tap 'Send' at the top right

For me, they added my house in a matter of days. Keep in mind, this may differ from your experience.

Have a great day!

May 8, 2023 8:22 AM in response to jnllaurent

Welcome!

We are not Apple but your fellow end users sharing our experience and discoveries. There is no real support in these forums for Maps since Apple employees with knowledge of how the Maps team works don't respond to this type of question here.

However, I can add this to Sealbay's highly commendable recommendations:

...it shows on Google Maps...

I wanted to report that a museum where I volunteer was 4 miles out of place in Maps. Google had it right and I told Apple that. I believe telling them that "another" map service showed correct placement was helpful.

An observation: after I reported the dislocation, it took about two weeks for the Maps team to work through the backlog and contact me. Once they did, they fully and satisfactorily resolved the issue within 30 hours, all by email.

Adding new neighborhood to Apple Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.