You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the new Mac Mini M2 Pro support dual 4k 144Hz displays?

Greetings :)

I'm currently in the process of upgrading my system and am contemplating the new mac mini m2 pro as a viable option. My intention is to use two Gigabyte M28U screens and ensure that both displays are operating at their full capability of 4k 144hz. I have checked the official Apple website and it indicates that the device supports two displays up to 6K at 60Hz over Thunderbolt, and one display up to 4K at 60Hz over HDMI. However, I have not been able to locate any reliable sources online that confirm whether this setup will allow for dual 4k at 144hz.

Posted on May 8, 2023 10:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 8, 2023 10:44 AM

It will not. It only supports one display at 4K and 144Hz through the single HDMI port.

It can support up to 3 displays in varying resolutions and refresh rates. but only one at 4K and 144Hz.

Simultaneously supports up to three displays:

Mac mini - Technical Specifications - Apple

M2 Pro

• Up to three displays: Two displays with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz over Thunderbolt and one display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz over HDMI
  • Up to two displays: One display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz over Thunderbolt and one display with up to 4K resolution at 144Hz over HDMI
  • One display with up to 8K resolution at 60Hz or 4K resolution at 240Hz over HDMI

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 8, 2023 10:44 AM in response to Jehomie2112

It will not. It only supports one display at 4K and 144Hz through the single HDMI port.

It can support up to 3 displays in varying resolutions and refresh rates. but only one at 4K and 144Hz.

Simultaneously supports up to three displays:

Mac mini - Technical Specifications - Apple

M2 Pro

• Up to three displays: Two displays with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz over Thunderbolt and one display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz over HDMI
  • Up to two displays: One display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz over Thunderbolt and one display with up to 4K resolution at 144Hz over HDMI
  • One display with up to 8K resolution at 60Hz or 4K resolution at 240Hz over HDMI

Can the new Mac Mini M2 Pro support dual 4k 144Hz displays?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.