You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had to har reset my Mac Pro 2010 and can't reinstall Yosemite

My Mac Pro 2010 running Yosemite was slow and I decided to har reset. But now I cannot reinstall the Yosemite, When I turn the Mac on, I go to the window where I have the option to install Yosemite. But when I type my Apple ID and password it says it's wrong, but it's not, and I even keep receiving verification codes for each attempt. I tried restarting so many times that I am about to desist.

I tried to create a bootcamp disk using my MacBook M1 but no success until now.

Any suggestions?

Earlier Mac models

Posted on May 8, 2023 1:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 7:48 AM

Boot Camp only works on Intel Macs to install Windows.

2010 Macs that don't have a firmware update don't have internet recovery capability.

Your hard drive could potentially be failing. Backup your data first if possible before doing anything.

Go to Apple menu -> About This Mac and verify exactly what model and how old your Mac is?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 9, 2023 7:48 AM in response to fabiooli

Boot Camp only works on Intel Macs to install Windows.

2010 Macs that don't have a firmware update don't have internet recovery capability.

Your hard drive could potentially be failing. Backup your data first if possible before doing anything.

Go to Apple menu -> About This Mac and verify exactly what model and how old your Mac is?

I had to har reset my Mac Pro 2010 and can't reinstall Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.