You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to move on a zoomed photo?

Hi,

Let's say I open any photo with Preview app, and I zoom with ⌘+. How do I move to the left or to any side of the photo with the mouse.

Also inside the same question, how do you zoom without the keyboard and without clicking the zoom button? Can you zoom with some key combination + mouse wheel?

I don't want to use the sliding bars on the sides.

I don't want to use the keyboard.

Cheers

M

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on May 8, 2023 2:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 8, 2023 9:46 PM

Two options:

TrackPad: drag two fingers to move the zoomed image around

Keyboard: use arrow keys and shift + arrow keys to move in larger increments

I can find no option to do so with a mouse.

Correction: A mouse with a scroll wheel does scroll vertically and if you have a mouse with a side scroll wheel you can scroll horizontally as well. Logitech has some mice with a horizontal scroll wheel.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 8, 2023 9:46 PM in response to mi7ai

Two options:

TrackPad: drag two fingers to move the zoomed image around

Keyboard: use arrow keys and shift + arrow keys to move in larger increments

I can find no option to do so with a mouse.

Correction: A mouse with a scroll wheel does scroll vertically and if you have a mouse with a side scroll wheel you can scroll horizontally as well. Logitech has some mice with a horizontal scroll wheel.

Jul 15, 2024 2:06 PM in response to mi7ai

2022 Apple M2 MBP w/Sonoma.

According to the apple user man page View individual photos in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

"You can drag the zoomed image to reposition it."

It did work until a day or so ago. Now, when zoomed in, dragging moves a thumbnail. Mouse scroll wheels do work, but no scroll bars appear in window.

I realize OP was asking about Preview. I know there are similar questions about Photos

How to move on a zoomed photo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.