You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Safari Bookmarks & Favorites showing up on someone else’s iCloud device.

My kids iPhone has all of my favorites and bookmarks from my iPhone showing on their iPhone. We have our own iCloud IDs. Family Sharing only has an option of sharing purchases and location, which is the only link between our phones and accounts. I have NEVER used my iCloud to log into her phone. Not only is this a violation of my privacy but this is also inappropriate to be on a 10 year olds phone. What’s the fix for this?

iPhone XR

Posted on May 9, 2023 12:02 PM

7 replies

Jun 3, 2024 8:18 AM in response to Zadorians

This has happened to me as well. All of my safari bookmarks & favorites showed up on my family member’s phone overnight. He lost all of his saved safari bookmarks and favorites, with all of mine appearing on his phone. We are absolutely not sharing Apple ID sign ins and we don’t do Family Sharing. I’d love to know how this happened. This is a pretty serious privacy issue.

May 9, 2023 1:37 PM in response to Zadorians

I have not seen this happen on Family Sharing devices that use a different Apple ID. A quick search of the web just showed a couple of cases that turned out to be that they had the same Apple ID. Unless someone has had this happen and found a solution, the only thing I would suggest is to sign out of iCloud on both devices, then sign back in using the respective Apple ID's.

Please keep us posted, since this would be unintended behavior and a privacy concern.

Jun 3, 2024 8:22 AM in response to muguy

Hoping to find another possibility as I can tell you for sure this happened and not signed into the same Apple ID. All of my safari fave and bookmarks showed up on my family member’s phone. He doesn’t have access to my Apple ID, not sure he even knows what that is (this is my elderly father who isn’t tech savvy at all). I didn’t have anything on my phone he shouldn’t have seen, but he is a Chevelle car enthusiast and lost three pages of cars he was looking at, to purchase one of them. It was very strange. I cannot figure it out thus far. Any tips or help is appreciated!

My Safari Bookmarks & Favorites showing up on someone else’s iCloud device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.