You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy Music from iPhone to MacMini

I see solutions and responses to the same question, but they are a couple years old. Ive replaced an iMac with a Mac Mini. the Time Machine backup was garbage. (note - a new SSD with a Thunderbolt enclosure is on order to reduce chances of this happening again. )

The old iMac has been wiped for recycling.

iPhone 14 Pro (16.3.1) and Mac Mini running Ventura. I have lots of music I ripped from CD so it's not a simple case of downloading purchased music. It looks like iTunes Match is supposed to do what I want to do, but there is a warning when enabling the setting to "sync library" that my library will be removed from my iPhone so I maybe iTunes Match is not the solution. It costs $25/yr so if I paid fro the wrong service, I will see a refund. I am open to using a third party software to make the transfer if thats what it will require. This should be a one time project. Once the transfer is completed, iCloud can take over to keep all in sync or I can connect the iPhone to the Mac and sync as needed for maintenance.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on May 9, 2023 12:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 1:01 PM

MBER wrote:

I see solutions and responses to the same question, but they are a couple years old. Ive replaced an iMac with a Mac Mini. the Time Machine backup was garbage. (note - a new SSD with a Thunderbolt enclosure is on order to reduce chances of this happening again. )
iPhone 14 Pro (16.3.1) and Mac Mini running Ventura. I have lots of music I ripped from CD so it's not a simple case of downloading purchased music. It looks like iTunes Match is supposed to do what I want to do, but there is a warning when enabling the setting to "sync library" that my library will be removed from my iPhone so I maybe iTunes Match is not the solution. It costs $25/yr so if I paid fro the wrong service, I will see a refund. I am open to using a third party software to make the transfer if thats what it will require. This should be a one time project. Once the transfer is completed, iCloud can take over to keep all in sync or I can connect the iPhone to the Mac and sync as needed for maintenance.

You will need to buy a 3rd party app like touch copy to transfer music to your mac.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 9, 2023 1:01 PM in response to MBER

MBER wrote:

You will need to buy a 3rd party app like touch copy to transfer music to your mac.

Copy Music from iPhone to MacMini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.