You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help deleting my sons Apple ID he no longer has an iPad and I need to remove him from my family

How can I delete my sons Apple ID he no longer has an Apple device and I need to remove him from my family sharing

iPhone 11

Posted on May 11, 2023 9:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 15, 2023 7:46 AM

If your son's age is listed in the Apple ID as less than 13, you will not be able to remove him. Apple only allows children to be moved to another Family Sharing group. You'll need to contact Apple Support for assistance in removing the Apple ID from your group.

For more information on deleting his Apple ID permanently:

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Note that, even if your son no longer has an iPad, if he has other devices such as an Android phone or tablet and your are subscribed to the family versions of Music or Apple TV+, he can still access those. So, unless you need the slot, you may want keep him on Family Sharing.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 15, 2023 7:46 AM in response to faviola228

If your son's age is listed in the Apple ID as less than 13, you will not be able to remove him. Apple only allows children to be moved to another Family Sharing group. You'll need to contact Apple Support for assistance in removing the Apple ID from your group.

For more information on deleting his Apple ID permanently:

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Note that, even if your son no longer has an iPad, if he has other devices such as an Android phone or tablet and your are subscribed to the family versions of Music or Apple TV+, he can still access those. So, unless you need the slot, you may want keep him on Family Sharing.

I need help deleting my sons Apple ID he no longer has an iPad and I need to remove him from my family

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.