You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought an iPhone 13 and it is blacklisted

Hi apple team i buy a iphone 13 and its is blacklisted i don't have any idea before it please help me to solve my issue how can i fix this problem

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13

Posted on May 13, 2023 6:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2023 8:47 AM

Shakeeb_bhalli wrote:

Thank you very much for your answer phone is imported from Canada and now it is in Pakistan there is no solution for it?

Sorry, no. You bought a stolen phone, and between IMEI blacklists and Apple’s Activation Lock there is no way to activate a stolen phone.

11 replies

May 13, 2023 9:23 AM in response to Shakeeb_bhalli

Sorry I didn’t have better news.

There is a way to check blacklisted phones→CTIA Stolen Phone Checker

And Apple does not blacklist phones, that is done by the carrier, when the carrier’s customer reports that the phone has been stolen.

Some people will sell a phone, then report it stolen AFTER the sale to collect insurance. In this case even if you checked the IMEI before purchasing it could still be later blacklisted.

Apple does not get involved with stolen phones, any more than an automobile manufacturer gets involved with stolen cars. There is no way that Apple can know who the legitimate owner of an iPhone is.

In general, it is very risky buying a used Apple product (or a used Android, also) unless you know the seller and can stay in contact with them→The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

May 13, 2023 9:16 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

It's a very disappointing thing about apple website because there is no option to check the blacklisted phone and also the reason of blacklist i think apple need to do some homework for it to give best iphone user experience because so many phone daily re-sale but there is no option to check blacklisted phone and the reason of it very bad experience about it because Apple website says phone in warranty and there is no restrictions 👎

May 13, 2023 9:36 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

you're right sir but it is big problem because if someone can't afford new phone from outlet it doesn't mean that he will never be a iphone user and if iphone is a strongly safe mobile phone making company locked phone never unlocked so customers data will safe if phone is stolen but the main point is cellular network providers aren't the maker of phone and the owner of apple company so why Apple allows to them block any device with a single call? so many people block it after selling it because they aren't have any fear of GOD and also don't have fear of big loss after this activity so if someone sales his device and how apple allows to user another iCloud id to login

May 13, 2023 9:42 AM in response to Shakeeb_bhalli

Shakeeb_bhalli wrote:

you're right sir but it is big problem because if someone can't afford new phone from outlet it doesn't mean that he will never be a iphone user and if iphone is a strongly safe mobile phone making company locked phone never unlocked so customers data will safe if phone is stolen but the main point is cellular network providers aren't the maker of phone and the owner of apple company so why Apple allows to them block any device with a single call? so many people block it after selling it because they aren't have any fear of GOD and also don't have fear of big loss after this activity so if someone sales his device and how apple allows to user another iCloud id to login

As I said, Apple has no control over what a user or carrier can do once Apple has sold the phone. Apple has no control over phones once they leave the store. For Apple to track phones would be a violation of the buyer’s privacy, and is illegal (at least in the US, Canada and European Union). Apple isn’t “allowing” anything; there is nothing Apple can do to prevent it because Apple doesn’t own or control the phone once it leaves Apple’s possession. This is true of anything you buy; a car, a boat, an appliance, etc. Once you have bought it the manufacturer has no right to monitor or control it.

I bought an iPhone 13 and it is blacklisted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.