You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it really an e-mail from Apple?

When I receive an e-mail from Apple.com, how do I know it’s authentic? (Scammers work in mysterious ways & due diligence is my middle name.)

This question isn’t specific to my phone, but for security.

For instance, I received an e-mail from apple.com and wanted to check the “real address” of the sender.

What I saw seemed a bit odd, because I was doing a password security reset.

What is the address I should have seen for this level of security?

Posted on May 13, 2023 8:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2023 8:12 PM

About identifying legitimate emails from the App Store and iTunes Store --> Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If I see an email claiming something from Apple that sound vaguely plausible I find a way to verify what the email says by using links from Apple itself, or checking directly with the service involved. I do not use any link provided in the email.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 13, 2023 8:12 PM in response to Proud2BaNurse

About identifying legitimate emails from the App Store and iTunes Store --> Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If I see an email claiming something from Apple that sound vaguely plausible I find a way to verify what the email says by using links from Apple itself, or checking directly with the service involved. I do not use any link provided in the email.

Is it really an e-mail from Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.