You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos people album

My people album on my Mac(macOS 13.3.1 (a) ) is different that my people album on my iPhone (iOS 16.4.1(a). Why and how do I fix it?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on May 14, 2023 4:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 14, 2023 5:47 AM

Are you using iCloud Photos to sync your iPhone and your Mac? Then many named faces will sync, but Photos will assign them only on your other devices, once the photos have been scanned for faces. If there are discrepancies as a result of the faces scan, use the "Confirm additional photos" dialog for all People albums to confirm that the faces are indeed the same.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 14, 2023 5:47 AM in response to Mikmiko

Are you using iCloud Photos to sync your iPhone and your Mac? Then many named faces will sync, but Photos will assign them only on your other devices, once the photos have been scanned for faces. If there are discrepancies as a result of the faces scan, use the "Confirm additional photos" dialog for all People albums to confirm that the faces are indeed the same.

Photos people album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.