You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen flickers on MacBook while using CLion

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing an issue with my MacBook Air M1 where the screen flickers when I use C lion to play, compile, or create a build. I have tried adjusting the display settings, updating my MacBook and C lion, and restarting my MacBook, but the issue persists.

The flickering only seems to occur when using C lion for these specific actions. I have not experienced this issue when using other programming tools or applications on my MacBook.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or have any suggestions on how to resolve it? I would greatly appreciate any assistance or advice you can provide.

Thank you in advance for your help.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on May 14, 2023 8:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 15, 2023 1:39 PM

I am pleased to inform you that I have found a solution to the screen flickering issue!

After trying various troubleshooting steps, I discovered that the flickering was related to a duplicate color profile mode labeled "Color LCD" in the display settings. By deleting one of the duplicate color profile modes, the screen flickering problem was completely resolved.

solution:

1. Go to the Apple menu and select "System Preferences."
  2. Click on "Displays" in the System Preferences window.
  3. Go to the "Color profile" and open the pop-up list.
  4. If you notice two identical color profile modes labeled "Color LCD" scroll down to customize.
  5. Deleting one of them by selecting it and clicking the "-" button below the list.
  6. Klick Done and Set "Color LCD"

Please note that this solution may not work for everyone, but it worked for me, and I hope it can help others as well.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 15, 2023 1:39 PM in response to jonathan_Po

I am pleased to inform you that I have found a solution to the screen flickering issue!

After trying various troubleshooting steps, I discovered that the flickering was related to a duplicate color profile mode labeled "Color LCD" in the display settings. By deleting one of the duplicate color profile modes, the screen flickering problem was completely resolved.

solution:

1. Go to the Apple menu and select "System Preferences."
  2. Click on "Displays" in the System Preferences window.
  3. Go to the "Color profile" and open the pop-up list.
  4. If you notice two identical color profile modes labeled "Color LCD" scroll down to customize.
  5. Deleting one of them by selecting it and clicking the "-" button below the list.
  6. Klick Done and Set "Color LCD"

Please note that this solution may not work for everyone, but it worked for me, and I hope it can help others as well.

Screen flickers on MacBook while using CLion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.