You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What to do if I accidentally removed built-in app icons on iPhone Home Screen?

I accidentally removed a few icons of the built-in apps on my Home Screen while dozing off. While I was able to recover the calculator from the App Library, I haven’t been able to see the settings icon in the App Library nor does it come up as a possibility when using the built-in search bar. Not sure what to do next to either access it or/and bring it back to Home Screen.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on May 15, 2023 10:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 15, 2023 11:37 AM

This is most strange. Instead of searching in the App Library, could you locate/see the icon itself? This is the one:

Try restarting your iPhone. If the issue persists, please contact Apple Support: Official Apple Support.

8 replies

May 15, 2023 11:27 AM in response to rayann145

Hello rayann145,

It is not possible to remove the Settings app. I'm surprised that you are not finding it when searching for it.

Try to see if it is in the App Library. Swipe from right to left to the last screen (the App Library). If you find the Settings app, long-press it and select "Add to home screen".

What to do if I accidentally removed built-in app icons on iPhone Home Screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.