You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID and find my

On my Mac the find my app is using my old Apple ID that I no longer remember the password to. what do I do?

MacBook Air 13″, 13.0

Posted on May 15, 2023 11:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 15, 2023 12:30 PM

If the only problem is you have a forgotten password, this Apple article has instructions for what to do if you have forgotten your password --> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

or go directly to this link --> http://iforgot.apple.com/

If you still need help:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues." --> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

If you find you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery (read this support article: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ) to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 15, 2023 12:30 PM in response to Loefer

If the only problem is you have a forgotten password, this Apple article has instructions for what to do if you have forgotten your password --> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

or go directly to this link --> http://iforgot.apple.com/

If you still need help:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues." --> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

If you find you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery (read this support article: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ) to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

May 15, 2023 11:32 AM in response to Loefer

When you changed you ID did you actually change it, or did you set up a new account? If the former, your computer should be able to verify and update to any changes you made. If the latter, you will need to log in with the old ID and password. After doing that you will need to get the Mac updated to using your new Apple account.

May 15, 2023 12:10 PM in response to Limnos

I don't remember if it was a new account or changed but when I try to recover that Apple ID I get a message stating it is not valid or not supported so that makes me think I changed it.

I am trying to reset the MacBook but the find my step ask for the old Apple ID and password for which I don't remember the old password.

Apple ID and find my

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.