You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microsoft 365 personal

it's been a nightmare... I have an issue with my subscription bought trough apple store last september, was working well and now it is asking me to renew or login with another account!!

nothing is working, spent 10 hours between apple and microsoft.... the issue is not resolved despite the fact that it seems a current problem.

My subscription is active until next september but I can not use it on my macbook air!!!! when it was working well until now... can someone help me?

Posted on May 16, 2023 4:06 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

May 16, 2023 5:07 AM in response to delphine997

I understand you invested 10 hours of your time between Apple and Microsoft but I'm afraid you're going to have to fill us in on those details from the beginning.

General billing and subscription questions are answered here: Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

By any chance is that a new MacBook Air — in other words not the one you originally used to purchase your Microsoft product subscription? That should not matter but your answer is likely to be relevant.

Other than that all we know is that you purchased a subscription that spontaneously and inexplicably became invalid. Describe the solutions, if any, Apple and / or Microsoft proposed for your consideration.

Jan 18, 2024 7:53 AM in response to delphine997

Here is the solution! I was on Apple Help Chat for over an hour and this is what finally helped: Log out your "MEDIA AND PURCHASES" on all devices and log back in. In my case, I couldn't get my Microsoft 365 subscription (purchased through Apple) to be recognized by Microsoft on my NEW MacBook. But my IPHONE was still logged in, which was the problem.

1. First log out of all 365 apps on your MacBook
  2. Then (See attached screenshots) in iPhone, go to Settings -> tap your name -> tap Media & Purchases -> tap Sign Out.
  3. Then on your MacBook, open any of the Microsoft 365 apps again. There, you will see you are magically logged in to 365 and it recognizes your subscription!
  4. From there, log back in on your iphone by going back into the same place in settings, and you'll see "Set Up" as an option now next to Media & Purchases (see screenshot):

Hope this helps you the way it helped me...

Cheers.

May 16, 2023 6:15 AM in response to delphine997

In the interim, download and install a free office suite: FreeOfffice or LibreOffice to be able to continue your work until the problem is resolved. One of the two, if not both, should serve you well unless you have active some very sophisticated office operations.

I've used MS Office products since before Word 5. My experience is this is a Microsoft problem.

microsoft 365 personal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.