You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone figured out how to resolve Private Relay causing pages not to load?

Hello, Iʻve subscribed to iCloud+ since December and since then Private Relay works on and off. I usually have it enabled, but then all of a sudden, pages donʻt load and the progress bar in Safari is stuck... not just slow, but stuck. So... I disable Private Relay and then all is good in terms of loading, but then I donʻt have the benefit of Private Relay. Also, whenever this happens, I first go to Firefox and can load the same page, no problem. Therefore itʻs not my ISP or router causing the problem.

I have Monterey 12.6.5, Mac Studio, Safari 16.4.1.

I never had a VPN or website filtering software.

Does anyone know whether there is a remedy? Iʻve seen other threads with recommendations to reboot, but that it doesnʻt seem to be the solution.

Thanks.

Posted on May 16, 2023 8:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2023 8:08 PM

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that Private Relay is not working as expected. First, you can let Apple know about your feedback here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple

And if the suggestions mentioned by another Community user here in the "Best answer" do not help,

don't hesitate to reach out to Apple Support directly.

Thanks for reaching out!

-Drake

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2023 8:08 PM in response to wip

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that Private Relay is not working as expected. First, you can let Apple know about your feedback here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple

And if the suggestions mentioned by another Community user here in the "Best answer" do not help,

don't hesitate to reach out to Apple Support directly.

Thanks for reaching out!

-Drake

Has anyone figured out how to resolve Private Relay causing pages not to load?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.