You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom Domain Email in MAIL

I bought a custom domain through Apple/Cloudflare and it works fine for sending and receiving routing my email to my iCLOUD/Apple account.

But I would like to add that CUSTOM EMAIL to my list of accounts in MAIL.

In MAIL, when it asks me to select a type of account, selecting iCloud does not let me create an account for the CUSTOM DOMAIN email NOR does selecting "Other."

How do I add my new custom domain. email to MAIL's accounts??

Thanks

Mac mini (M2, 2023)

Posted on May 16, 2023 9:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2023 9:51 PM

Metroxing Said:

"Custom Domain Email in MAIL: [...]How do I add my new custom domain. email to MAIL's accounts??"

-------

Adding a Custom Domain:

1. Go Here: Set up a custom email domain for iCloud Mail on all your devices - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Add a custom email domain to iCloud Mail on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
  3. Proceed from there as necessary
6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2023 9:51 PM in response to Metroxing

Metroxing Said:

"Custom Domain Email in MAIL: [...]How do I add my new custom domain. email to MAIL's accounts??"

-------

Adding a Custom Domain:

1. Go Here: Set up a custom email domain for iCloud Mail on all your devices - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Add a custom email domain to iCloud Mail on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

Jan 29, 2024 2:09 PM in response to vanette81

vanette81 Said:

"You offered the support page, but I’d used iCloud domain email for years, yet I can’t get the phones to add the emails to my ID, even after I confirm the emails? Has something in policy changed in the past year?"

-------

Successfully Adding a Custom Domain:

I. Try the Following:

1. Go Here: Set Up a Custom eMail Domain for iCloud Mail on all your Aevices - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: "Receive mail from custom domain addresses on all your devices"
  3. As it Reads: "[...]turn on iCloud Mail in iCloud settings. You can also access your mail on iCloud.com. See Set up iCloud Mail on all your devices."

No Success?

II. Contact Apple Support:

A. Contacting Apple Support:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as necessary
  • Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

B. Chat Session Info:

Being that phone calls are taking a moment, perform a chat session with Apple Support. Note that some topics are call-only (i.e. in regards to Apple ID). So, make up a scenario to get around this (i.e. "My screen won't respond"), and then ask to speak to someone.

Setting Up the Cat Session:

1. Go to: support.apple.com
  2. Scroll Down to "Tell us how we can help"
  3. Select: Get Support
  4. Proceed from there as Necessary

Feb 3, 2024 4:00 PM in response to TheLittles

I’ve read and done these things, but something else is going on. Call to the apple business center, offered some advice. “We still use the domain feature, but it’s much more challenging to get mail to verify now.” Per rep. I did ask if I am using another email company for my domain, can I also use iCloud. The answer is no! So, I’m forced to choose. iCloud is secure, but not as secure as the encryption of Tutanota. So, I’ll leave it for now. Thank you so much!

Custom Domain Email in MAIL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.