You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

incoming client emails sending to junk lately

I have run into a problem the past couple months where all of a sudden Mail decides my clients emails are junk. My work email is pretty clean, no spam in my inbox because it has done a good job of filtering, so I don't understand why it's throwing emails that I've gotten from the same senders for years into the Junk folder. I finally had to create a Rule to move it back to the inbox from certain emails. This is not good for business when good emails are mixed in with spam. Running BigSur. 11.7.6. I don't think my machine will upgrade to the next OS.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.7

Posted on May 17, 2023 10:11 AM

3 replies

Jun 11, 2023 5:48 AM in response to ku4hx

That doesn’t work with an iCloud email account since emails are placed in Junk on the server before they get to one’s mail.app!

iCloud has just put a response to an outgoing iCloud email of mine into the iCloud Junk folder on the server so I haven’t seen it in my mail.app Inbox despite the Junk Settings being set to “Mark as junk Mail, but leave in my Inbox”!

iCloud even puts emails from Postmaster@icloud.com into iCloud Junk folder so I don’t know that my emails have not been delivered!

The iCloud Junk filtering algorithm is very suspect.

incoming client emails sending to junk lately

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.