You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

virus protection Macbook

keep getting popup for virus protection. Do I need this.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 17, 2023 1:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2023 1:26 PM

Are those popups appearing in the upper right corner of your Display?

Those are Safari Notifications. Stop them by following these instructions.

• Go to Safari's Preferences (or Settings) menu > Websites > Notifications, and remove everything there.

For reference: Change Websites settings in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Don't allow websites to send you Notifications unless you are 100% certain that you want that kind of harassment. Refer to Customize website notifications in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

Related: How do I stop mcAfee fake renewal notification from popping up? - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 17, 2023 1:26 PM in response to 3271L

Are those popups appearing in the upper right corner of your Display?

Those are Safari Notifications. Stop them by following these instructions.

• Go to Safari's Preferences (or Settings) menu > Websites > Notifications, and remove everything there.

For reference: Change Websites settings in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Don't allow websites to send you Notifications unless you are 100% certain that you want that kind of harassment. Refer to Customize website notifications in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

Related: How do I stop mcAfee fake renewal notification from popping up? - Apple Community

virus protection Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.