You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multicam audio not working

FCPX 10.6.3

I'm new to multicam and I'm 9 scenes into a 10-scene play with 3 camera angles. I've been editing one scene at a time. All of a sudden, on scene 9, when I go to multicam, no audio. (To prep for scene 9, I added 3 additional videos for 6 angles total.) In Editor mode, all the audio is there, no problems. But in Multicam, the audio track is not shown below the clip. I've clicked on "audio roles" about 5 different places and all it says is "edit roles". If I click on video roles, it gives me options. What's going on?

Note the lack of the audio button in the inspector:

Again, only edit. Also, no audio below the clip.

Monitoring Angle set for video and audio:

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on May 18, 2023 10:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 19, 2023 1:27 AM

It is possible that accidentally the Source Media could have been set to "Video Only" when you dragged the clip to the timeline.

Try this: select the multicam clip in the project timeline, press Shift-F to Reveal in Browser, make sure it is set to "All" and drag the browser selection over the clip in the timeline and choose Replace.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 19, 2023 1:27 AM in response to theshummer

It is possible that accidentally the Source Media could have been set to "Video Only" when you dragged the clip to the timeline.

Try this: select the multicam clip in the project timeline, press Shift-F to Reveal in Browser, make sure it is set to "All" and drag the browser selection over the clip in the timeline and choose Replace.

May 19, 2023 5:24 PM in response to theshummer

Welcome to FCP! You would likely benefit from a couple free tutorials that are highly recommended here for new FCP users.

60 minute FCP tutorial from Steve at Ripple https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqUP7Zgeuck

Izzy Video tutorials. Slightly older so the UI looks different but the concepts are still correct. https://youtu.be/_jvyrnQpR1E?list=PLp5SAgbM8S87n1qvv34-PAU2zMHLlXyfb

Multicam audio not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.