You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocking URL "notifications"

In the last 2 days, I have been inundated with pop-ups saying my MacBook Air is infected (see 1st screenshot). These are alerts "Mac at Risk, MacOS infected, Gmail account alert", etc. In Settings, I noticed the 2nd screenshot showing an Application Notification, “Ask You” that I turned off, but the pop-ups still occur. Is there some way to block the URL (perumoneflaza.com) that is sending these?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 20, 2023 4:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 20, 2023 9:33 AM

Those are Safari Notifications. Stop them by following these instructions.

• Go to Safari's Settings menu > Websites > Notifications, and remove everything there.

For reference: Change Websites settings in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Don't allow websites to send you Notifications unless you are 100% certain that you want that kind of harassment. Refer to Customize website notifications in Safari on Mac - Apple Support. Deselecting "Allow websites to ask for permission to send notifications" will prevent those websites from even asking your permission to be harassed by them.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 20, 2023 9:33 AM in response to torchlite

Those are Safari Notifications. Stop them by following these instructions.

• Go to Safari's Settings menu > Websites > Notifications, and remove everything there.

For reference: Change Websites settings in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Don't allow websites to send you Notifications unless you are 100% certain that you want that kind of harassment. Refer to Customize website notifications in Safari on Mac - Apple Support. Deselecting "Allow websites to ask for permission to send notifications" will prevent those websites from even asking your permission to be harassed by them.

May 20, 2023 1:38 PM in response to torchlite

Browser Notifications are part of the HTML5 standard and Apple is very particular about standards compliance. Having said that I cannot think of a single reason I would ever want to be subjected to such an annoying intrusion. Although I leave Safari's default settings alone (it helps to assist others) when a website asks if I want it to send Notifications my autonomic nervous system tends to react to such requests as it would with any other irritant: NO.

So if I were you I'd remove all of them. But I'm not you.

Blocking URL "notifications"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.