You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won’t stay connected to MacBook w/ USB

Whenever I try to connect my iPhone to my MacBook Air with the USB/lightning cord, it just keeps connecting & disconnecting. Won’t stay connected. Do I just need a better cord? To clean the USB port? The same cable works on a charging block just fine.

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on May 20, 2023 4:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2023 10:15 AM

I’m going to answer my own question, hopefully it will help some people. I bought an Apple brand USB-Lightning cord. That did the trick. No glitching, transferred data and charged with no problems. I guess I should have just spend a little extra $ on name brand stuff long ago.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 21, 2023 10:15 AM in response to AtoZMom

I’m going to answer my own question, hopefully it will help some people. I bought an Apple brand USB-Lightning cord. That did the trick. No glitching, transferred data and charged with no problems. I guess I should have just spend a little extra $ on name brand stuff long ago.

May 21, 2023 9:00 AM in response to AtoZMom

I have the same problem, and would also like to know the answer or a reasonable work-around. -- It seems to me to be a subtle connection issue, in my case concern an USB-A port on two of my 15-inch MacBook Pro that are able to provide power but seemingly both have a (for me) spurious problem with the data connection.) [Thank you for formulating this as a question, it concerns an issue that bothers me much. Best wishes.]

iPhone won’t stay connected to MacBook w/ USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.