You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

files are moved to the trash when downloading

Hello . I have the following problem: my mac ios puts absolutely all downloaded files from the internet in the trash, I checked all the settings but did not solve the problem. I have to move it from the trash to another place (desktop) and run it. please help, can anyone know the solution to this problem? Thank you

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on May 21, 2023 5:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2023 6:27 AM

Thomasss-towy wrote:

Hello . I have the following problem: my mac ios puts absolutely all downloaded files from the internet in the trash, I checked all the settings but did not solve the problem. I have to move it from the trash to another place (desktop) and run it. please help, can anyone know the solution to this problem? Thank you

Safari>Settings>General

ref: Download items from the web using Safari on Mac

No resolve—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies...

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 21, 2023 6:27 AM in response to Thomasss-towy

Thomasss-towy wrote:

Safari>Settings>General

ref: Download items from the web using Safari on Mac

No resolve—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies...

files are moved to the trash when downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.